There’s a lot going on in and around Forres this Easter, and local businesses are putting on a wide variety of things to see and do.
We’ve put together a handy summary of events, activities and fun going on, but there’ll be more!
And don’t forget to visit the the town centre, local shops and cafes. Many have lovely displays and special Easter treats.
Here’s a few ideas of things you can do over the weekend
- Egg rolling in grant park (or any grassy hill)
- Brodie Castle egg hunt
- Easter at the Carisbrooke Hotel
- Organise your own egg and spoon race with family and friends
- Hide some eggs and have an egg hunt
- Attend a special church service
- Decorate stones with an easter theme and hide them around the neighbourhood for people to find.
- Alpaca days out (Mosstowie)
- Thorabella farm (Buffalo)
- Family picnic/barbecue at Roseisle
- Walk up to Nelson’s Tower
- Brodie castle and play park (daffodils are out!)
- Burgie arboretum
- Culbin and Hill 99
- Book hunting (Some are hidden around Forres)
- Walk around Blairs loch and watch the wildlife or go pond-dipping
- Logie steading
- Sanquhar Pond circular walk
- Findhorn Bay Nature Reserve.
- Morayvia aviation museum
- Take a boat trip and spot some dolphins
There’s loads of great forest walks if you’re just looking to burn off some calories, look in trees and see what birds you can spot. Go on foot or on your bike.
Most of all have fun and ‘hop local this easter’