Resources for business owners
- GOV.UK – Guidance for employers and businesses during Covid-19
- Moray Council – Moray Business Resilience Forum
- Moray Council – COVID-19 Non-Domestic Rates
- Moray Speyside – Covid-19 Help and Support
- VisitScotland – Guidance and Advice for the Tourism Industry
- Business Gateway – Virtual and Local Business Support
- Scottish Government – Coronavirus Business Support Fund
Local business listings
Some non-essential businesses are still closed to the public. Below we list local businesses which are now open, and any limitations or restrictions we know of. If you are the business owner, please contact us with details and we’ll publish them.
This information is changing frequently. We are trying to maintain an accurate picture of opening times and terms, but please bear in mind that these can change without notification.
Food delivery and takeaway
Planning regulation has been changed to enable restaurants, cafés and pubs which do not currently offer delivery and hot food takeaway to do so. The legislation can be accessed online.
People must not consume food or drinks on-site at restaurants, cafés or pubs whilst waiting for takeaway food. Many eateries are expecting to open outdoor services from 6 July.
People can continue to enter premises to access takeaway services, including delivery drivers. Businesses are encouraged to take orders online or by telephone. Ordering in advance is strongly encouraged to avoid waiting on the premises.
- Cluny Bank – Franklin’s Fine Dine-In menu is available for home delivery via Macbeths
- Mather’s, Grant Park – Open 11am–5pm Thursday to Saturday for teas, coffees and ice creams to takeaway. Burgers will be available soon with extended hours. Home delivery service within the Forres area every Wednesday. Email your orders to [email protected]
- The Peppermill – 01309 672624 – Home delivery, packs of three or six starters, mains and sweet, £35 and £60. Free cold delivery for Forres and local area on Wednesday & Saturday. Order by 9pm the day before delivery. See Facebook for menu changes every week.
- Forres Fish Bar – 4pm–8:30pm, Max 2 in shop. Call 01309 672479 and collect when cooked.
- Logie Steading Farm and Garden Shop – 01309 611222 Free delivery to IV36, Nairn and places between Logie and Nairn. £25 minimum order.
- Brodie Countryfare – 01309 641111 – Foodhall is open for phone or email order and free local deliveries within 10 miles, £15 minimum order, alcohol cannot be included in £15 min order) or collection. Menu and details on Facebook page.
- Macbeth’s Butchers – 01309 672254. Free delivery to Forres, Findhorn, Kinloss, Alves, Dyke and Dallas daily. See macbeths.com for catalogue.
- Maclean’s Bakery – Delivery service (within five miles of Forres) Box of bread or savoury items. See Facebook for details.
- Ashers Bakery – 01667 452306 or order online at ashers.co.uk. Free delivery to Forres area.
- Fraser Bros – 01309 672601 8am–4pm for door-to-door delivery service
- Pizza Pan – 01309 672268. Free delivery in Forres for orders over £5. Contactless payment (works through windows/doors)
- 42HQ – 01309 676257
- Speedy Pepper – 01309 676622 [email protected] 4pm–midnight
- Graham’s Dairy, Nairn – 01667 453344 – delivering milk and eggs to Forres on Monday and Wednesday.
Please observe limits to the number of customers in a shop at any one time. Queue outside leaving 2m social distance between others.
Forres High Street
- Nickel and Dime – 10am–3pm Monday to Saturday
- The Washington – 6:30am–5.30pm
- Sue’s News
- Babalu – Tuesday to Saturday
- Maclean’s Highland Bakery – High Street: (2 customers in store); Greshop (4 customers in store): 6am–7pm (Saturday 9am–2pm). Free hot drinks to all NHS/military/service workers who show their ID.
- Macbeth’s Butchers – (knock door)
- Murdoch Bros
- Fraser Bros
- Pearl’s Pet Care – 10am–2pm
- PALS pet shop – 10am-2pm Monday to Saturday
- Bike Bothy
- Gallery 55
- McColl’s – (7am–8pm)
- Savers – Normal opening hours
- Co-op – Normal opening hours
- Clear Pharmacy – 10am–1pm, 2pm–4:30pm One customer in the shop at any time
- Boots – 9:30am–1pm, 2pm–5pm Monday to Saturday. Stay behind the line until called forward.
- Bank of Scotland – 10am-2pm, Monday-Friday, two customers max, high street entrance only
- Post Office (Spar), High Street
- Wright’s Home Hardware – 01309 674111
- Bike Bothy – 01309 671745
- Pearl’s Pet Care – 01309 671166
- Logie Steading Farm and Garden Shop – 01309 611222
- Thomson Garages – Cars can be collected from your address and will be sanitised and returned when the work is complete, or you can drop off at the garage and leave keys in letterbox. Payment by card preferred. Please call Steven or Scott at the garage.
- GT Tyres – free local collection of your car. Fitters wear gloves. Steering wheels, gearsticks, handbrake, etc will be sanitised.
- Phoenix Store, Findhorn Foundation – 9am–6pm Monday to Saturday, 10am–5pm Sunday.
- Spar Kinloss – 8am–9pm
- Mackenzie & Cruickshank
- Woodside Farm Shop – Open from 10am daily. Maximum of two in the shop at any one time. Fruit and veg boxes can be made up for collection. Contactless payment is available.
- Ferarri Horse Feeds – 01309 676353 – 9am–5pm. Call and pay. Products will be loaded into your vehicle on arrival.
- Logie Whisky and Spirits Shop – Noon to 4pm Friday and Saturday, see https://facebook.com/LogieWhisky/
- Move4ward Community Physiotherapy – 01343 551989 Home visits (Providing no one in the household has symptoms) For both Neuro and MSK.
- Back in Balance Osteopathy Online. 07810 783428. Assessment, diagnosis, self-help exercises, stretching, nutrition and relaxation advice.
- Balanced Living Personal Training – 07785 187201 (Jon) 1:1 or 1:2 online sessions available, stay fit from home.
- Moray Coast Vet Group – 01309 672243 All appointments cancelled and Sunday service in operation. If you have a booked appointment a vet will call and advise. Prescriptions and pet food still available and must be paid for in advance and picked up from collection point inside porch. Inside doors will be locked and only those already agreed to be seen by a vet will be admitted.