- This event has passed.
Findhorn Jubilee Weekend
2 June - 5 June
For more information about any of the events, to register for the swimming races or to book free tickets for the 1950’s Ball, please contact [email protected] or message 07977 920010.
Full details of all events in Findhorn:
Thursday 2 June
- From 9pm – The celebrations in Findhorn village will begin on Thursday evening with the lighting of the coastal Beacon between the piers. The event will feature specially written music from a piper, bugler and Kinloss Military Wives Choir.
Friday 3 June
- From 10.30am – Open day at Findhorn Village Centre with lacemaking, quilting and other activities.
- 2–4pm – Come-and-try sessions and afternoon teas at Findhorn Bowling Club
- 7.30pm – 1950’s themed ball in the James Milne Institute. Free tickets are still available for the ball and guests are asked to bring their own refreshments.
Saturday 4 June
- 10.30–11.30am – Jubilee treasure trail – treasure sheets can be collected from the loading bay at the piers between
- 2.30–4.15pm – swimming races between the piers for under 12 girls/boys, age 12 – 16 girls/boys, adult girls/boys and a freestyle style race.
- 3pm – Dog Show at the piers.
- The Jubilee garden party at Royal Findhorn Yacht Club on Saturday is already fully subscribed.
- From 8pm – Ade’s Vintage Vinyl Night at the Captain’s Table
Sunday 5 June
- From 2pm – Give-it-a-go rowing with Findhorn Coastal Rowers at the Rowers’ Shed in front of the Kimberley.
- 3pm – maritime pageant
- Afternoon street party for Findhorn residents
Over the course of the weekend
- Midday – 4pm on Friday and Saturday and 11am – 1pm on Sunday – Floral display in Findhorn Church
- 2–5pm daily – Jubilee Exhibition in the Findhorn Ice House and Heritage Centre
- 2–5pm Friday, Saturday and Sunday – Platinum Jubilee Afternoon Teas at the Captain’s Table