- This event has passed.
Christmas Lights Switch-on & Winter Wonderland
3 December 2022 at 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
There will be activities taking place during the afternoon in the Town Hall with the light switch-on taking place outside the Tolbooth at 5pm.
A Winter Wonderland event will be held in the Town Hall from 10am featuring:
- Gingerbread House competition and display
- Festive stalls, cake decorating display and a raffle
- Christmas cafe by Rachel Philp
- Gingerbread House judging at 3pm with prizes from Macleans Bakery and Woodside Farm Shop
Lots more going on
There are also several independent events on the day:
- Free soup and sweet in the warmth of St Laurence’s Church (check venue for times)
- Christmas Coffee morning at St Leonard’s Church, 10am to noon
- Mini market at Logie Steading, 10am till 4pm, lots of stalls
- Drumduan School, Christmas market, 11am to 3:30pm
Staying open late
- Forres Crafters‘, Tolbooth, 10am till 6pm (unique gifts from local makers)
- The Pantry will be open till 6pm offering a range of German-inspired festive snacks and foodie gifts
- Babalu will also open late (till 6pm)
- Highland Army Surplus (till 5:30pm)
The high street (and parts of north street and caroline street) will be closed from 4pm to 6pm, and diversions will be put in place.